It's been a few years (OK a few decades) since the C'reer team has taken the PSAT, SAT or ACT, but as deadlines for those tests loom (see below) we got to thinking of the best tips we received when we were prepping for the tests.
Here are our thoughts, take 'em for what they're worth:
The best tip I got was to manage the whole exam and the time it took to take it. I knew I wasn’t going to get a 1,600, so managing the questions I knew I could answer helped through the whole exam. That was pretty important because I’m an impatient test-taker.
- Jose Mallabo, Co-Founder and CEO
Test prep really works! I spent hours studying my SAT words and to this day I remember what 'corsair' means because my mom kept grilling me on it. (It means pirate by the way.)
- Ian Leslie, Co-Founder and CMO
Pick the answer that seems like the right one. If you don't know, move on then go back to the ones you aren't sure about.
- Aaron Heinrich, Vice President of Industry Relations
And here are those test deadlines we were talking about:
- Taking the SAT August 26, 2017? You need to register by July 28, 2017. More deadlines here: https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/register/dates-deadlines
- The PSAT is being offered twice in October. You should see your school counselor about to register. More info here: https://www.kaptest.com/college-prep/psat-test-dates
- Taking the ACT September 9, 2017? You need to register by August 4, 2017. More deadlines and registration info here: http://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/the-act/registration.html
INTERESTED IN BEING A C'REER HIGH SCHOOL AMBASSADOR?
FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN BECOME PART OF THE TEAM!